Friday, September 28, 2012

An Introduction of Sorts

I am sitting on my bed writing this, having finally decided to start a blog because, hey, everyone else is doing it so why shouldn't I. In reality, I'm waiting for the postman to arrive so I can finally get my hands on the copy of "The Casual Vacancy" which should have been in my possession yesterday, but alas. I take pride in the amount of patience I have, however at this moment I want to walk around and punch everyone I see straight in the nose. Instead, I decided to be productive and here we are.

Starting a blog has been on my mind since I started high school. I enjoy writing. A lot. But I don't always (read "rarely") have the creative flow to write the next best selling novel and so I instead dabble in writing about my feelings or complain about life. Honestly, it's more of the latter. I love taking to the internet and reviewing movies, books, and shows. I love being an insufferable know it all. I thrive when people ask me my opinion on random subject matters. At least now I can contain them all in one place.

I also just this moment realized that I can use this blog as a way to document the happenings of my life. Not the big things. The little ones, like when I decide to make things, or sew, or decorate, or host random parties (in my head since I really don't have friends to invite to said parties). I'm not saying I have an interesting life. I don't. No, really, I don't. I've been unemployed for four months and in that time I've watched:
  • The Big Bang Theory (seasons 1-5)
  • Modern Family (seasons 1 and 2) 
  • American Horror Story (season 1)
  • Doctor Who (seasons 1-6, since 2005)
  • Torchwood (seasons 1-4)
  • Boy Meets World (seasons 1-7)
  • Kim Possible (seasons 1-4)
  • Supernatural (re-watched season 7)
  • Black Books (seasons 1-3)
  • Downtown Abbey (re watched season 1 and half of season 2 to date)
  • Hatfields & McCoys
Not to mention that I saw The Avengers six times in theaters. And this isn't including all of the movies I've watched over the summer and the stack of books I read. I really just have nothing to do with my time.

That being said, the purpose of this blog is just for me to have a place to go when I have something to say.

I don't know why I couldn't have just said that in the first paragraph and be done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment